It’s February and baby it’s cold outside! Stay inside and quilt, scrapbook, or do whatever craft warms your heart!
January was a great month meeting scrapbookers and quilters. I admire these ladies that document memories and family trips. Their pages were beautiful and created with such love! I’m inspired to do more!
In January I also taught a Laura Heine collage quilt retreat to a group of creative women. These ladies went BIG and created BEAUTIFUL quilts; they are truly works of art. These pictures do not do justice to what they created. Here are a few:
Polly & Pam’s Sewing Machines
Chris and Miss Mellow
Nancy & The Dress
Kelly's Mr. Ruddy
Once you know the process of creating Laura Heine quilts, you will love displaying them as wall hangings, quilts, bags, sewing machine covers, and more. Looking for a class? I am teaching Laura Heine quilt classes at the following quilt shops in Illinois:
· February 8, 15, 22, 5:30-8:30 Laura Heine's Blue Truck at Indigo Quilt Studio.
· February 23, 10:00-4:00, Laura Heine's Teeny Tiny Sewing Machine, Quilters Quest
· February 25, 10:00-3:00, Laura Heine's Pincushion, Prairie Points Quilt Shop
· March 1, 9:30-3:30, Laura Heine's Pincushion, The Quilter's Trunk
· March 4, 10:00-4:00, Laura Heine's Blue Truck at Indigo Quilt Studio.
· March 24-26, Laura Heine Collage Retreat weekend, Seamless Getaways Quilting Retreat
· March 30, 10:00-4:00, Laura Heine's Teeny Tiny Seahorse, Top Shelf Quilts
The February Open Retreat at Seamless Getaways is full; however, the February 24-26 is open if you have a group that would like to retreat.
The weekend of March 10-12 is looking for 2-3 quilters to join them in their retreat. Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join them in their quilting retreat.
I’ll be offering another Laura Heine Open Retreat March 24-26. You will have the whole weekend to finish your quilt. This retreat is for beginners and experienced quilters. If you love fabric, you will love creating this quilt. Guests tell me “I look at fabric in a whole new way.’ Bring a friend or come alone!
Laura Heine Retreat March 24-26, 2023
This is the dress form, 1 of 3 patterns in Group #5 Have you admired Laura Heine collage quilts? You have probably seen the pin cushion, featherweight sewing machine, or hundreds of others. This dress form is hanging in Seamless Getaways. If you have created the sewing machine or pin cushion, this is the 3rd pattern in that Teeny Tiny group. Join me in creating a collage of your choice! I am a certified Laura Heine instructor and will guide you through the process. I have patterns and kits or you may purchase these from your favorite shop.
Skill Level: Beginner--no sewing experience is needed for this class. Expectation: You will learn the process of Laura Heine Collage Quilting. Suggestions on quilting and finishing your quilt will be shared in this class. There are basic tools that you will need to be successful. You may purchase these items from your favorite quilt shop or I can have them ready for you when you arrive. Email me to sign up, email@example.com.
• Laura Heine pattern (Price varies depending on the design)
· Laura Heine fabric kit from www.fiberworks-heine.com, your favorite quilt shop, or me
• Karen Kay Buckley medium serrated edge scissors
• #2 Pencil
• Silicone Applique Fusing Mat (Precision Fuse Mat 17 x 24, you get two for one, or Gypsy Fusing Mat)
• 12" wide Steam-A-Seam 2, (No Substitutes), 4-6 yards
• Pattern Ease Foundation (Depends on the size of your pattern)
• Rotary cutter • Mat • Sewing Machine
We will begin Friday, March 24 at 10 a.m. Checkout time is 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 26.
Price: $150/person 3 days/2 nights.
March 31-April 2 is also open for your group to retreat. Looking for some time to finish those UFO’s? Send me an email to reserve your weekend!
I’m looking forward to seeing you soon!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook
If you enjoyed your stay at Seamless Getaways, please leave a positive review at this link. If you have suggestions for future stays, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.